Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have a new pc tower with an older monitor. Constantly getting " auto adjust in progress"  message. How do I correct the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi jss75,

Make sure your display resolution settings are set to the recommended settings for your monitor. If that doesn't work, try HP Support Assistant and use its troubleshooting program for Monitors

I hope this helps. 

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Well how do you change the settings while that message is s do on there?  Because after I get that message it goes to another screen that says something about choosing the 32 bit diagnostics or i can exit and then it wants to run all these tests.

HP Recommended

!!! Ok nevermind all of a sudden this time i turned it on it ask if I wanted to use windows 7 and then if I wanted to start windows normally.  I did and now my computer is back to normal.  I think it may have been because I let it run one of the tests.

HP Recommended

Glad you got it working. Thanks for the quick update!

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

the auto adjust keeps popping , and its crazy help

HP Recommended

Hi jose69,

Try all the steps that have been listed in the previous posts/pages on this thread. Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issues.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Im having the same problem. My monitor screen is completely black and just the blinking curser shows. 

I have tried to fix by unplugging for 60 sec andpowering back monitor for factory reset. It didnt help.

Im using HP w2207h monitor with windows 8 OS.

Every time I switch on the monitor it gives me alert message

"No Input Signal "

then

'Auto adjustment in progress'
Recommended Setting: 1680 x 1050 - 60Hz

and last flash shows

VGA Input: Active.....

Can anyone help please?

HP Recommended

Hi Coniferous,

Have you tried the steps that have been discussed on the previous two pages of replies to this thread?

For example, have you tried testing the monitor on another computer to see if it does the same thing.

Do you ever see any startup options or screens for Windows?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.