Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I turn off my flat screen HP w2338h when not in use (but computer itself I keep on).  Everytime I turn the monitor back on, The Monitor Status displays a message:
  • VGA Input : Active or No Input Signal.
  • Mode : Settings

Is there a way to avoid this temporary nuisance?

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Could you let me know in detail , it could be a boot issue ,because according to you ,the computer turns ON but the monitor displays a staus message and does not come ON.

So please let me know the computer specs in detail.

HP Recommended
The monitor comes back on just fine...after displaying this "Monitor Status" message every time I turn it on (3-4 times a day, and overnight).  I never turn off the computer itself (well, once or twice a week).  I just turn the monitor off - using its normal on/off button. I completely turn the monitor off rather than just let it go to sleep. When I turn the monitor back on, this "Monitor Status" message appears every time.  (I have a new hp Pavillion/Vista, and this new HP w2338h flat screen monitor). Suggestions?
HP Recommended

Ok so the monitor displays the status massage and then it gives the normal windows desktop. Is that right?

If yes may i know are you connecting using VGA or DVI?

as the monitor will search for the kind of signal (DVI, VGA or HDMI) and then it will display the screen.

And i would say its normal if its a DIGITAL output (DVI or HDMI) but howeve, you can try a monitor factory reset and check once.

You would be having a monitor factory reset button on the monitor so try that and see if its fixing the issue.

HP Recommended

I ran into the same problem. Here's how I figured it out:

1. Select the Menu button on the monitor itself (to the left of the power button).

2. Navigate using the + or - to "Management".

3. Select "Monitor Status" from the Management menu.

4. Select "Off" from the following options: "Top", "Middle", "Bottom", and "Off".

5. Scroll to the bottom of the Management menu and select "Save and Return".

6. Viola!

HP Recommended

Dear PianoHelen,

Good post. I owe you a chicken dinner! This thing was bugging the heck out of me.

HP Recommended

I see lots of people asking the same question about Monitor Status and how to turn it off but i don't see any response, is there an answer, I have an HP2009m and this message just started coming up.  I don' t turn my computer on and off all the time but I do turn the monitor off when not in use via the on off button.

HP Recommended

Here is the answer

1. Select the Menu button on the monitor itself (to the left of the power button).

2. Navigate using the + or - to "Management".

3. Select "Monitor Status" from the Management menu.

4. Select "Off" from the following options: "Top", "Middle", "Bottom", and "Off".

5. Scroll to the bottom of the Management menu and select "Save and Return".

6. Viola!

@LovehateHP wrote:

I see lots of people asking the same question about Monitor Status and how to turn it off but i don't see any response, is there an answer, I have an HP2009m and this message just started coming up.  I don' t turn my computer on and off all the time but I do turn the monitor off when not in use via the on off button.

HP Recommended

i'm having MANY problems with my monitor (the least annoying is the "monitor status but i thought i'd start with is)

however, when i tried to resolve this as per recommendation above...i pressed the menu button on the monitor (an Hp w2408h widescreen flat -panel) ,  i then got the main menu & the "management"  was the 8th item down BUT i couldn't move either down or up to highlight it...i tried the + and - signs...nothing, i then tried the arrows, nothing & whenever i would try to move the cursor, it disappears when it's over the box...so that won't do anything...how can i do this???

please someone reply, so that i post my REAL problem with this darn monitor

thx

HP Recommended

How can I reset the mode setting in "Monitor Status"?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.