Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi All,

We have just installed 200 + HP Elite Desk 800 G2 PC's into our environment.  We have had constant issues with the display since install.

The monitors will go blank, with an error the display driver has encountered an error and has recovered, the screens blank for a few seconds then come back.  This can occur multipe times per day, sometimes constantly.  We have also experienced issues where the PC freezes, or keyboard and mouse are not recognised.

We have re-imgaed troubled PC's to no avail.  We have updated graphics drivers,  BIOS, chipset, still no solution at all.

Prior to this we had the G1 with no issues, we have confirmed it is not our image

Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Did you ever find a fix for this?

We also have likely a few hundred of these 800 g2 but in a large enviornment, so it is harder to track. The main complaints are coming from heavy excel users at this point.

I did a regedit from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Creating Dword 32 named TdrDelay and setting the value to 8 at the location below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

I also disabled hardware acceleration in excel.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2768648

At this point its only been a few days of testing and results are varied. Some say improved, some are still having problems. Might try to disable lync's hardware acceleration as well, as I'm running out of options. Was hoping to find an HP service advisorty for this. Will likely be opening a case with HP as well. Still thinking this is a bad chipset or graphics driver from HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message.

No fix for this as yet.

We have tried the new Bios, Chipset and Video drivers etc, but these make no difference.

Have also tried that MS fix below still no luck, have also tried to disable the hardware acceleration in Excel, no change

Like you we have noticed heavy excel users have the issue, and most of the time this happens in Excel.

The only other thing we have tried and I have read works for some people is to use a VGA cable as opposed to the display port cables, that seems to work, but if its dual screens not as easy as it does not have a DVI port, so use the VGA port as opposed to the display ports

If you have any luck with any other fixes let me know, and I will do the same..

I think its a hardware issue, possibly a chipset or video driver issue from HP.

HP Recommended

We are also having this issue with a new batch of HP EliteDesk with dual monitors.  I had no issues with G1 and our screens are older Elite screens too.  They are connected with VGA & Display Port to DVI adapters.  

HP Recommended

Hi There,

We have resolved this issue now.  HP released a new video driver for this which resolves the issue.  We have applied the new video driver and this has resolved the issue.

HP even advise this fixed the display driver adaptor error.

Good luck

HP Recommended
I updated everything yesterday 9/7/2016 and it didn't fix anything. I found something suggesting to change input source to always on. Do you have specifics or links to the ones that worked?
HP Recommended

Here it is

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8741498&swItemId=vc_170856_1&swEnvOid=405...

We installed that driver, no more driver failure errors.

HP Recommended

I fixed this by working with HP and installing 4 drivers and updating the BIOS. 

Drivers

sp72786 - Intel Chipset Supportsp

sp75384 - Intel Management Engine Driver

sp72807 - Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

sp76559 - Intel Windows x32 Graphics Driver

Bios

sp76626 - HP EliteDesk 800 G2 System BIOS (N01)

I suspect that only the Video and BIOS were needed.

HP Recommended

I had to make sure both screens were using displayport.  Originally the firmware/driver updates didn't work but when i switches from using VGA & DP to DP & DP the flickering stopped.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.