07-01-2013 12:28 PM
I have a IQ506 that the 500gb hard drive went out on and HP wants $305 to replace (out of warrenty) - which is crazy. I did notice that the current one Seagate ST3500620AS (ST500DM002) is a thinner version than the normal 3.5 inch drives - do I have to replace it with a thin drive or can I just use a normal 3.5 inch drive? It looks like a normal size drive will fit, but not sure if for heat or other reasons I need to stay with the thin drive...
07-01-2013 09:14 PM - edited 07-02-2013 09:42 AM
Here are the specs for your HP TouchSmart IQ506 Desktop Computer. Based on the specs, this model came with Windows Vista Home Premium installed at the factory.
The Seagate ST3500620AS is a standard sized 3.5" hard drive. Replacing this drive with an AF (Advanced Format) drive may cause your HP Recovery Discs and/or Windows to fail to work properly. If you run into any issues, please post back.
Please send KUDOS
***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)