11-29-2009 06:49 PM
I know this is not supported - but I have always been disappointed w/ some of the flaws in the factory installation that came w/ this machine. I experienced screen flickers and network issues w/ my Media Center Extenders which were connected to my IQ770 since I had this machine.
Finally this weekend I decided to wipe out the factory OS and install Win7 Ultimate 64bit - and all devices were recognized in Device Manager along w/ no more flickers or network issues!!! Not to mention that I gain access to all 4GB of RAM, which I upgraded several months ago. So - I'm pretty sure I will be sticking w/ this installation of Win7 64bit, regardless of what I find out here in the forums.
- Anyone know of a version of the TouchSmart application that I can download and install on Win7 x64? I have attempted to download a version for another TouchSmart PC but it will not install on this OS.
- Anyone else done this - and have you found alternative drivers which work better, over the Windows drivers that came OOB or via Windows Updates?
Thx ahead of time!
11-29-2009 09:48 PM
Install this first so the system is stable
As for TouchSmart applications you would need to find 3rd party ones. This model only supports single touch.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)