12-15-2012 02:28 PM
Hi! I have a hp compaq dc5100 small form factor and I need the graphics memory to go up. It is at 8 mb now and I have 4gb ram. It said that i could make it go up to 128mb but no idea how to.I have a lot of old games that i want to play but require 64mb to play.I also cant find any upgrade video ram in the bios.I have v01.07 Hewlett packard bios menu.
12-16-2012 08:00 PM
Go into BIOS when it boots and look for the setting video memory. There should be a setting in there you can change to adjust the memory used by the onboard graphics.
WARNING: Changing things in the BIOS can make your computer not work correctly. (standard warning)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10