11-14-2013 02:11 AM
I have an HP LA22f monitor which I connect to a Mac laptop running OS6 when I am at home. Recently I went away for a few days with my laptop, using its buit-in screen. When I returned and reconnected the external monitor, it showed the wrong screen resolution. When I tried to re-set it using the Mac OS "System Preferences" for Displays, the HP LA22f window appeared but optimum resolution wasn't listed among the options. Re-starting etc has made no difference.
There seem to be two options. Either:
- The screen resolution is stored on firmware within the monitor, in which case the monitor is faulty.
- The screen resolution information is stored in the laptop, in which case the file has been corrupted in some way and I need to re-load that file.
If 1 is true, I am within warranty apparently. If 2 is true, I simply need to know what the file is so I can re-install from my automatic backup.
Can anyone advise please? Thanks.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10