01-01-2011 07:36 PM
My monitor has been going off, but the on/off button remains lit. If I push the on/off button off and on, it will come back up, and then go back out. My internet provider tech ran three different various virus scans and it found nothing. When I kept pushing the button a dozen times or more, it came back up (this was last night). It was up all day today, but went out again later this afternoon. I switched the monitor, and so far, it's working, but thought I'd ask in case it goes out again or I won't be able to see to get on the web.
I made sure that the vents were clear and that all plugs, etc., were secure. Uninstalled all unnecessary programs. (One tech in Australia on web thought it might be a virus.)
Also, there is a blinking light on my HP Pavilion Slimline s5310f tower under the card slot that looks like three cd's on top of each other. It's blinking off and on. Didn't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
01-01-2011 07:56 PM - edited 01-01-2011 07:58 PM
If you switched the monitor and the other monitor works then you have a monitor issue.
The light that looks like 3 CDs is hard drive activity light. It will blink on/off.
Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor and hold down the monitor's power button for 30-60 seconds. Now plug teh monitor back in and see how it runs.
Are you using any particular programs that are video intensive when the monitor goes on and off?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)