12-28-2010 01:39 PM
I have a monitor (w2408h) that starting giving me a message "monitor going to sleep. Now I am getting a continuous flashing of different colors. I have unplugged cable but so far no solution.
12-28-2010 05:11 PM
"Monitor going to sleep" means loss of video signal coming from the PC.
Check the monitor and cable on another PC to eliminate those as possibilities.
What model HP PC are you using? You might have a faulty motherboard or video card.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)