12-28-2010 01:39 PM
I have a monitor (w2408h) that starting giving me a message "monitor going to sleep. Now I am getting a continuous flashing of different colors. I have unplugged cable but so far no solution.
12-28-2010 05:11 PM
"Monitor going to sleep" means loss of video signal coming from the PC.
Check the monitor and cable on another PC to eliminate those as possibilities.
What model HP PC are you using? You might have a faulty motherboard or video card.
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-6500u,6GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)