12-10-2009 01:08 PM
My HP W19B monitor has a pop up screen that says OSD LOCKED. Nothing was touched to cause this. I have tried holding the menu button 10 secs, holding the menu button and turning on the monitor, and installing new drivers. The only thing that seems to help is unplugging the monitor. this only lasts for a short time. All the buttons feel and sound normal. I've searched on the web and found a lot of people with this same problem.
12-10-2009 04:29 PM
The monitor probably needs serviced. The probably is probably being caused because the PCA board behind the menu thinks it is being pressed all the time. Contact support. If your monitor is out of warranty you might be able to get the OSD messages to stop by gently prying out between the black and silver plastic by the buttons.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)