01-27-2012 06:23 AM
I recently installed Windows7 to my old HP Compaq dc5100 Small Form Factor PC. Most the drivers are working except Multimedia Audio Controller (with yellow exclamation). I tried to right click on it and do an 'update driver;' however, it came back with an error (error code28) that said, "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software. I tried every tricks that I know but I was not successful.
01-27-2012 06:56 AM
Try the Vista Business audio driver for your PC:
Also, I assume your video driver is missing if you didn't add a windows 7 capable graphics adapter.
Use this driver below:
Run it. It will error out (unsupported OS).
Click on your video adapter in the device manager. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update driver. Select the Browse my computer for software method, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp34749. Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.
Now, your graphics should be much better. You will not have W7 Aero as the onboard Intel GMA 900 video adapter is not fully windows 7 capable.
01-30-2012 05:56 AM
I tried to follow your procedure but I was not succesful. I then installed Realtek AC 97 Audio Driver 6303_Vista_Win7_PG537 and the audio was back on my PC.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)