01-10-2012 11:37 AM
Hey Mandy...dont count on any support from HP...been having issues with mine for ages now and ZERO help from HP....what I have had to do to get it back online is to re-install windows - which sounds like might actually be your only option.
I recently upgraded to windows 7...and the fresh install fixed my touch screen capabilities too. Hopefully you're not the type of person to install lots of programs because having to re-install windows every 6-10 months makes 'recovering' a bigger pain.
03-03-2012 06:10 PM
i have HP touchsmart computer with touch screen a by mistake felt down.From that moment doesnt work the touch screen even with pen.Everything else are working on the computer.The olny problem is touch screen.Please i need help.I've tried all methods for people who are writing here but nothing.Please somebody to tell me what to do and if i must send it to fix it how much will cost to fix it.Thanks again.
10-15-2013 08:43 PM
10-16-2013 10:49 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:50 AM by OscarFuentes
I understand you are interested in doing a Restore to original factory. But the computer getting hot might be better solved by following this document. Find your Bios Version then reload Bios to factory.
One of the following sections to reload the factory BIOS settings to the default setup :
Thanks Let me know how this goes.
I work on behalf of HP
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)