Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I purchased this PC brand new from HP with Windows 7

Upgraded to Windows 8

HP have not released a Windows 8 driver for it. 

Help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check this location

Software & Driver Downloads - HP TouchSmart 520-1240ea Desktop PC

Select the Option "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" and then choose "NextWindow Touch Screen Driver Update".

I know it says "Update", but do try and apply this to see if it works. If not let me know along with the Product number of your Touchscreen which can be found here (IMP).

I am an HP Employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
---- If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star to say. Thank You.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check this location

Software & Driver Downloads - HP TouchSmart 520-1240ea Desktop PC

Select the Option "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" and then choose "NextWindow Touch Screen Driver Update".

I know it says "Update", but do try and apply this to see if it works. If not let me know along with the Product number of your Touchscreen which can be found here (IMP).

HP Recommended
Excellent reply, the solution worked perfectly.
Well done TapDance, thank you very much.

🙂 Ravelli
HP Recommended

My Pleasure!!

HP Recommended

My notebook product number is E3B81PA#ACJ. I tried installing the touch driver update as suggested by you, however, the update failed saying that my system does not meet the minimum requirements for the update.

Please help!! Almost a week now the touch is not working. Do I have to take it to a service centre?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanghamitra

HP Recommended

the same thing happened to me. up til now, touchscreen doesnt work. any recomendded fixes so far? i have a "HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n088nr Notebook PC"

@Sanghamitra wrote:

My notebook product number is E3B81PA#ACJ. I tried installing the touch driver update as suggested by you, however, the update failed saying that my system does not meet the minimum requirements for the update.

Please help!! Almost a week now the touch is not working. Do I have to take it to a service centre?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanghamitra

HP Recommended

Is this the way to resolve my HP Notebook touchscreen. (no model number on laptop just hp notebook). It has suddenly stopped working and I have read through so many comments but have had no luck in fixing it or finging the driver that is completely missing. I have even checked the human interface devices and there is no touchscreen driver listed there. I did follow your link hoping it would help but it didn't. Would you know of any other solutions.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello@DMedina0206,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Need assistance in fixing the touchscreen issue. Did I get it right?

I was able to find a suitable solution which I suggest you try on the PC and check if that solves the issue.

The solution can be accessed using the link below.

http://hp.care/2jSlApN

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.