Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have just connected the monitor to my laptop. When playing back a video, am not getting sound. Maybe this paticular monitor doesn't have speakers, and I will have to add another speaker system?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I could not get to the HP store (message: unavailable), the following specs is from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-W2072a-20-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B0085H66NU

It does NOT have speaker(s) and it ONLY has VGA and DVI connectors therefore you need few more things to be able to get sound.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I also have a w2072a and it does have a green audio input next to the other cables. The user manual shoes the connection of the audio cable from the computer to the Monitor. So, no more about the w2072a not being with speakers.

And: I also can not hear my speakers on BOTH my w2072as

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.