Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After some time problem with touch screen reappear. For a few months, always one part of the screen didn't respond to touch. Only changes was which part and size of the screen didn't work. I was one step away from packing and sending monitor to service preparing for agony of returning reclamation back and forward and potentially making things worse both mechanically and mentally 😄

Of course searching Google and checking support sties didn't solve anything . They only copied our conversation and changing status to solved.

In their defense I think that this is not completely in their field because its look like that it's also OS side and could be any brand of monitor, but they would definitely save alot of money on the side of reclamation and bad marketing from disappointed customers.

I think that problem is somehow related with human interface devices service.

So try this.........

1. Go to ...Control Panel-System and Security-Administrative Tools-Services and scroll down to Human Interface Device Service.

2. Right click-choose properties, then recovery tab and select Restart the service on first,second and subsequent failures.

3. Then go to log on tab and check radio button "local system account" and check checkbox "Allow service to interact with desktop"

4. Also check on General tab that for startup "Automatic" is selected. Then restart your monitor on button off-on.

5.  Try with Pc restart also.

That is working for me for a few months now. I also had to do this sometimes after driver update

At the end ....It would be great if Hp support could see with technical staff or development what can be done with the drivers or setup during installation that can solve this automatically in more professional and user friendly way. I'm sure that company would benefit from the solution and that the service will have less reclamation more thumbs up from customers and less returned products.

I will be happy if this helps someone to escape the labyrinths of misery 🙂

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.