Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Recently, the screen on my 23xi monitor started to go blank after some usage (the time varies).  When this happens, the power light on the right corner of the monitor remains lit, however the power button doesn't do anything when pressed.  I don't think it's my computer putting it to sleep, since I've already checked my power settings for that, as well as the ones on the monitor's OSD.  The only way I can get a video image back is by unplugging and replugging the power connector located on the back.  I've had the monitor for only a year and a half.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

GLP65, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the monitor with another computer?  This would be my first suggestion.  This will let you know if it has anything to do with your computer.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for welcome and the suggestion.  I tried attaching the monitor to two other computers, but the problem still remains. 

HP Recommended

Is there any fix for this please as the exact same thing is happening to me.

I've had the monitor 1 and a half years, and for the last week, on either VGA/HDMI/DVI, and connected to either my PC or games consoles the screen will effectively freeze after a given period of time (always after around 20 mins or 30 mins of use). The power light stays lit and can't be switched off, the only way is to unplug from the wall, which is very annoying.

According to HP website the 1 year warantee expired in June 2014 so I am not sure what I can do to get this resolved, but a monitor should last more the a year and half, all my other monitors are 3-4 years old and still working.

HP Recommended

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this exact same thing is happening to me.

Was a fix ever found?

Has anyone ever got a replacement from HP?

A year and a half out of a monitor is not good...

HP Recommended

Since a few weeks I've experience exactly the same problems with onw of my 23xi monitors. I also bought my screens about 1,5 years ago.

Are there any solutions or suggestion yet made by HP?

HP org is also reading this posts so why dont they react on this issue?

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I have to keep unpluggin and replug. I will now have to buy a new monitor. Not HP though since it seems that there is not support.

HP Recommended

Did anyone ever get a reply from HP on this one? Same problem started here today. Keep having to unplug to carry on working.

HP Recommended
Nothing. I've since got a new monitor, the LG equivalent. Same price same features, good monitor, no signs of the same issue so far.
HP Recommended

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!!!!!

ARE THOSE MONITOR NOT WORTH THE MONNEY???

PLEASE GIVE US AN ANSWER!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.