Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My monitor is also having the same problem.  Is there any fix?

HP Recommended

Like many others, I have an HP Pavilion 23xi screen that goes blacnk after a few hours use. I've followed various threads and tried them all bu tto no avail. The power button remains on and can't be switched off. I will never buy an HP screen again unless this is fixed by HP.  They must have known there was a hardware fault from the number of messages posted.

HP Recommended

I have 8 of these monitors and the EXACT SAME problem started after two years.  I wasn't going to waste my time with trying to solve this problem but decided differently after paying $150 to $200 per monitor.  I read all of these and the description is spot on and the assessment that it is a manufacturing issue is also accurate.  I contacted HP this morning and spoke with 5 different reps.  They claim to be unaware of this issue and have NO part replacement recommendations or solutions. 

Someone else wrote that they must be aware and clearly they are but not stepping up to the plate.  Very unethical behavior.  I told the last rep that I will be throwing these monitors out my fifth-story windows. 

HP Recommended

also, I created this HP support account to write this blog.  Why they have me GetTheNac as a STUDENT is baffling.

HP Recommended

This exact same problem happened to me! It started last mon. I tried to connect to a different computer but no help.

When I am registering this account trying to post this message, I have to unplug and replug my Pavilion 23xi twice just to get the post written.

Given so many people experienced the same, I think it is a defect in the product.

Reading through the thread, there were NO acknowledgement NOR mitigation provided by HP every since the problem first reported.

It is just pathetic that HP does not seem to care.

HP Recommended

Same problem, except that it went blank and cannot get it back even if I unplug in the back. Tried  differnet cables, different power, different computer with no luck. Also have a Samsung that is about 1 year older and works like a charm. I guess I have learned my lesson on the quality and support from HP.

HP Recommended

Just bought one of these via ebay (I know...only myself to blame). Previous owner may or may not have known about the issue

it was a couple of weeks before I used it and have doscovered exactly the same issue.

Seems like a batch with dodgy components as I have another that is working perfectly well.

Is it worth posting serial numbers to see if there's any pattern?

HP Recommended

Same problem with my monitor. It turns itself "off" automagically. It is happening more and more frequently. I'm out of warranty too. This is a clear case of bad product design/poor quality components. There are too many cases reported to be ignored, I think. I have several HP products, I guess I will need to replace them sooner then I thought, unfortunately. Paid extra for quality that is not there, I'm a very disappointed consumer.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem! I have tried two different computers. I downloaded new drivers. On/off light remains lighting but the screen is black. There must be a hardwareproblem. 

HP Recommended

Hi there @MauritzEPK,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having an issue with the display going blank on you.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Have you tried using a different connection type between the display and the computer, or a different cable of the same type on the original connection?

Have you tried using a different electrical outlet?

Also check out these pages:

HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality Issues, you can try the factory reset described toward the bottom of that document.

Also there is this you can look through: HP Flat Panel LCD Monitors - Monitor is Blank

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.