Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, when I try to shut down my computer the screen (HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor) will not close.

It displays the words 'power button lock out'....does anyone know how to fix this?  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following:

Power Button Lockout is displayed.

The monitor's Power Button Lockout function is enabled.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the Power button function.

If the above doesn't work then try:

Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following:

Power Button Lockout is displayed.

The monitor's Power Button Lockout function is enabled.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the Power button function.

If the above doesn't work then try:

Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

It worked. Thanks very much

HP Recommended
"Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the Power button function." this option helped.. thank u.. 🙂
HP Recommended

I tried both ways an they did not work then I tried just holding down the button.

I held it for 45 seconds and it went off and now works like it should

But thanks for the help with out it I never would have tried what I did.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Helped me also.

HP Recommended

Thanks Brigitte1985 for asking this question and thank you Big_Dave for giving the solution.

Issue resolved. :generic:

HP Recommended

It worked!  Thank you. 

HP Recommended

This is the only thing that worked for me. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have tried to hold off on button for 15sec and also unplugged the monitor and this doesnt help.. I still get the message osd locked

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.