05-08-2013 03:33 PM
Good evening, i have a problem with all my usb ports on my monitor. Today in the afternoon there was a blackout in my city. After this, all USB ports on the monitor doesn't work. I plug in a data color spyder 4 and a bamboo dock, in it until today. How can i solve this problem? I try to change usb port on my desktop pc (I mean the cable that link monitor to case to power on the usb hub). Is there a way to restore all ports? It seems they don't have power...
05-08-2013 09:56 PM
Have you checked Device Manager to see if there are any device error symbols on the USB or HID controllers or on the monitor/display device?
What PC, monitor, and operating system do you have?
05-09-2013 12:59 AM
I check device control on windows and it seems all ok. No errors, no yellow exclamation mark...nothing. All works fine...apparently.
12-29-2014 03:36 AM
1. Switch off the monitor _and_ disconnect it from AC (e.g. pull the power cable).
2. Make sure all USB cables and devices are plugged in properly (i.e. PC-to-monitor and device-to-monitor)
3. Power on the PC.
4. Connect the monitor to AC (e.g. plug-in the power cable) and make sure it is powered on (i.e. press the power button).
5. Check devices in Device Manager, scan for new hardware or restart PC if they don't show up.
In other words, make sure the USB from PC to monitor is live when the monitor gets connected to AC (switch the power button does nothing in this regard).
Otherwise, the USB hub in the monitor is not enabled.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10