03-28-2011 06:13 PM
Purchased an HP Pavilion a6535c about 2 years ago. For the past few months whenever the system reboots this error message is displayed:
System fan has failed
Service PC as soon as possible...
Press F2 to continue...
Check all fans and they seem to be workjing fine. Still message appears.
Anyone encounter this problem or have a solution?
03-28-2011 06:24 PM - edited 03-28-2011 06:25 PM
It possible that the system fan is failing.
Try this procedure:
Unplug the PC and open it up. Clean out all the dust. Carefully remove and replace all the cables going to the motherboard one at a time. Do the same for the memory dimms and the video and sound cards if you have any. You might want to buy a can of compressed air to blow the dust out of the CPU heat sink. Plug your PC back in and give it a go.
Also, look here for a possible bios update that might solve your problem. I am running that bios level on one of my PCs.
03-28-2011 08:03 PM
Cleaned the inside and reseated connections. Downloaded the BIOS as recommended but still encounter error on startup.
There are 3 fans in this PC: one exhaust fan at the bottom, a fan over the CPU, and one inside the PSU. Which one is the system Fan which must be replaced?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)