Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TOUCHSMART 310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED THIS MORE THAN ONCE BELIVE ME I READ THEM ALL HOPEFULLY MY VERSION OF IT WONT MAKE YOU CRINGE  LONG STORY SHORT HP TOUCHSMART 310 / NO VIDEO OUT /HDMI  T.V/YADDA YADDA ADAPTER GOT IT BUT WHICH ONE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND  I HAVENT A CLUE PLEASE HELP AN OLD BROAD OUT AND TELL ME WHICH ONE YOU WOULD BUY  OH & IF POSSIBLE ONE THAT IS AFFORDABLE SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS VISION PROBLEMS CANT FIND GLASSES THANK YOU PEACE 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @TWISTEDT,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for help with video connections to your All-in-One computer.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  Once I have that I can check the specifications and what the system has in terms of hardware.  However if the computer does not have any external graphics ports or HDMI connections, then your only option would be to look at an external USB graphics adapter cable. The type you would want to look at would as much depend on what the external display takes as inputs.

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @TWISTEDT,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for help with video connections to your All-in-One computer.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  Once I have that I can check the specifications and what the system has in terms of hardware.  However if the computer does not have any external graphics ports or HDMI connections, then your only option would be to look at an external USB graphics adapter cable. The type you would want to look at would as much depend on what the external display takes as inputs.

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING  TO MY POST YOUR  TIME & ADVICE IS BOTH APPRECIATED AND NEEDED   HERE IS MY PRODUCT NUMBER ( BV551AA#ABA )  YOUR DIAGNOSIS IS SPOT ON, BY THE WAY,  MY HUSBAND DIDNT THINK I WOULD GET A RESPONSE  & HAD SOMEONE LOOK AT IT EXCEPT  THE ROUTE  HE TOOK  LEFT ME WITHOUT MY COMPUTER  FOR  2 DAYS  & HIM 45 $ LIGHTER AND NO CLOSER TO AN ANSWER BUT THEY DID HOWEVER TRY TO SELL US AN ADAPTER THAT WAS 79 DOLLARS & CHANGE THAT WASNT EVEN NEW   SO I GUESS ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS THERE AN ADAPTER UNDER 50 $ THAT YOU WOULD USE IF YOU HAD TO IF SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHICH ONE .THERE ARE WAY 2 MANY TO CHOSE FROM PLEASE HELP AN OLD BROAD OUT .THANKS AGAIN FOR UNDERSTANDING ALL CAPS  MY EYES JUST ARENT WHAT THEY USE 2 BE  THANKS AGAIN PEACE

HP Recommended

As an HP rep, I can not make personal recommendations for hardware, but I can help you along the way, with some information.  You could ask one or more of the Forum Experts such as @wb2001 or @Big_Dave if they have some recommendations they can make for a brand, make or model of adapter cable for your purposes.

Something that all of us would need to know is what type of connections are available on the display you want to connect via USB to know what type of adapter is needed such as USB to DVI or USB to HDMI.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

IM SORRY IM TRYING TO CONNECT  TO MY HDMI WIDESCREEN T.V VIA  USB  ON MY COMPUTER AND IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS, BY THE WAY, YOU WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO GET MY  XBOX 360 TO RECOGNISE MY COMPUTER  I CAN GET MY COMPUTER TO FIND MY XBOX BUT I CANT GET THE XBOX TO FIND THE COMPUTER AND SOMEONE SAID I COULD STREAM TO MY T.V VIA  MY XBOX  IS IT TRUE IF SO HOW I HAVE AN XBOX MEMBERSHIP  IF I WERE ABLE TO CONNECT  TO MY COMPUTER THROUGH MY XBOX WOULD IT SOLVE THE ISSUE OF WHICH ADAPTER TO BUY I REALLY DONT HAVE A CLUE THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME & PATIENTS  HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY PEACE 

HP Recommended

If you want to stream video to your wide screen TV via HDMI then I suggest a steaming set top box such as Ruku 4.  With this approach you will need the following:

Internet speed of 50 mbps although 25 mbps would also work depending on your household internet usage.

WIFI router (or an ISP provided modem with WIFI) with 802.11ac and optional ethernet ports

Ruku 4 (this box will handle resolutions up to 4K)

ISP modem ---> WIFI router -----> ethernet to Roku 4 ---> HDMI to TV

or

ISP modem ---> WIFI router -----> WIFI to Roku 4 ----> HDMI to TV

If you need XBOX streaming then contact XBOX.

There are other set top boxes available for streaming video depending on your content requirements.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.