Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 620 1188d
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

How to fix touchscreen malfunction issues? I've tried a lot but still didn't work.

Then I try to diagnos, its seem S.M.A.R.T test failed error code 303. Does it affect to the touch screen issues?

Anyone? Please advise.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@amdizzt

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand there are touchscreen failures and the error 303 on your screen.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

What kind of touchscreen issues do you have with your computer?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? did you may any recent hardware or software changes?

While you respond to that, here's what you should know:

The error code 303 represents a hardware failure within the hard disk drive of your computer,

And I recommend you contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service for your hard disk drive,

While they're at it, they should be able to fix the touchscreen as well, if you wish to diagnose the touchscreen issue,

Simply restart the computer tap F10 during the restart to access the BIOS screen and check if the touchscreen failures occur within the BIOS as well, if it does - that confirms a hardware failure.

If it doesn't, the touchscreen may have a minor software issue and either a driver update or an OS reinstallation should fix the issue.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.