03-21-2011 10:43 AM
When I boot the computer I get all of the standard boot up screens but when I get past the log in screen I get a blank screen. When I start the system in safe mode I get can get to the desk top but I get a resolution mismatch message. My PC is a HP p6510f. Do you need any other information?
03-22-2011 04:21 PM
It may be that your integrated video is simply not sufficient to run the monitor. Integrated video is sharing system memory. Only 256MB is alloted for its use. This is not very much. You may have to install a dedicated video card. This would give you 256MB additional system memory and add the video memory on the card. A new video card creates another problem, however. The power supply unit (PSU) in the computer is only 250W. This is not sufficient to run any of the newer mid-level cards.
If you would like suggestions on the upgrades, please let me know.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)