Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

That is very interesting.

As long as you got the file, that is fine.

When I click on the W10 ISO link it loads but I get no text or images.

Must be an issue on my end...

HP Recommended

When I click on the .iso file, I get a WinRAR window a number of folders and files displayed including setup.exe. I can't understand why you can't do the same. I haven't installed Windows 10 yet from the .iso file (via the CD) and will let you know the outcome which I hope is fully satisfactory. By the way, you told me to make sure I installed from my desktop in order to ensure that Microsoft registers my installation. What do you mean "installed from my desktop"? I assumed I could install directly from the CD.

Thanks for all the hlep.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The link works fine for me now.

You autorun the DVD from the windows desktop is what I mean.

Put the DVD in the tray and be in windows and it will automatically begin the setup.

You cannot boot from the DVD to upgrade to W10.

HP Recommended

Will do. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Please post back and let us know how your upgrade to W10 went.

HP Recommended

I had a very successful installation of Windows 10. I was particularly pleased with the drivers I got from NVidia for my legacy graphics display. They were recommended in one of the posts by this group which included the link to the Nvidia web page where the download was available.  I am repeating myself but this support group is fantastic and I would like to single out you, Paul, for the effort you put in to help me. Thanks to all of you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

Glad to know everything went as planned, and I hope you were either able to return the GT 730 graphics card, or that you will be able to use it in a newer PC down the road.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.