03-15-2017 04:04 PM
Just like others, tried everything to get my house Comcast DVR to work with the HDMI port. There isn't one trick listed on this thread that I didn't try. Even with a working DVI connection to my PC, the monitor wouldn't let me set HDMI as a default or indicate in any way that the HDMI port existed.
Then I took the monitor it to an apartment I own that has an identical Comcast setup (the Comcast boxes all look the same) and BAM ... the monitor worked... no problem. On power up, the monitor even showed that it was scanning the inputs.... showed "auto select" and "DVI" as the default. Then it correctly locked on to the HDMI port and gave me a picture!!! Never got any scanning display whatsoever on the house system.
All I can think of is the HDMI cable. In the apartment I have a 35' HDMI cable buried in the wall coming from the DVR. In the house I have a 6' cable connected to the DVR. Think they are both modern HDMI cables (know the apartment is for sure... kinda sure about the house).
I am sure this just adds to the confusion. Good luck!
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)