Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My 2311x monitor came with a DVI cable.  I tried to swap it out with an HDMI cable by swapping the Souce Control on the Monitor.  The pop-up box says both DVI and HDMI are Active but it keeps going back to DVI (even though HDMI is the default source).  If I disconnect that DVI cable, I get an error on the monitor that says "Check Video Cable".

How can I get this connected to my HPE-580t?

thanks!

Dawn

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Where's HP support? Too many people with the same proiblem and no answers!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I also have noticed issues with the monitor not restoring the DVI connection if the PC goes to sleep or the monitor goes into power save mode.  I've tried all combinations of power saving and input settings on the monitor to no avail.  Thanks HP for your lack of response and your non-functional product.

HP Recommended

Just bought a bunch of these monitors for my lab. Same problem. I contacted HP on phone as well who promised to call me back. If This indeed doesn't work, I'm sending the monitors back proposing blacklisting all HP products from my organization. This is ridiculus, very basic quality control should had discovered this problem pre-production. Shame on you HP destroying your own brand with crappy products and non-existend customer service ( message below posted first on 09-04-11 and still no answer???)

HP Recommended

Hi, 

There have been problems reported with the HP 2x11 monitorss and HDMI.  Contact HP Support.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Assuming that the monitor is not defective.  The Standard HDMI cable does not work on the Hp 2311x.  High Speed HDMI cable should work for this monitor (currently I am using High Speed HDMI w/ Ethernet cable v1.4; the version number is going to be dropped soon from the product box).  If the price of the Hi Speed HDMI cable are the same, I would buy the one with the highest version (preferable 1.4 or 1.4a).  All three cables VGA, DVI and HDMI can be attached to the monitor but only one should be connected to PC(s).  The Auto-Switch Source is set "On".

Note:  Make sure that the HDMI cable is connected tight to the monitor HDMI socket.  It is very easy to get loose.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Most HDMI cables should work.  I haven't had any issues even with $7 HDMI cables.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Hi,

It's good to know that it works with some Standard HDMI cable.  In my case, it did not work even with the HDMI cables being used with my Blue ray DVD player; I had the same problem as others have until I bought the High Speed HDMI cable (for $5.99).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I buy a lot of HDMI cables here.  I have never had a HDMI issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I think that it depends on the cable quality and cable type.  From the provided website, the following cables are High Speed HDMI (specified on the cable itself or tag) even though there are no mention in the description which makes difficult for a consumer, especially, we have to buy them on the internet.

Part No:  01729       Desc:  HDMI Cable 1.4 Premium 6FT Certified 1.4

Part No:  01726       Desc:  HDMI to HDMI PREMIUM CABLE 5M HDMI CERTIFIED 1.4 3D HEC

Part No:  01725       Desc"  HDMI to HDMI Cables 15FT Certified 1.4 Cat-2 HEC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.