01-26-2009 08:29 AM
Hi: I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s7600n Desktop . Running XP with media edition. I have noticed on performance tests that my video is reported as unusually slow. I have the Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE Driver version 126.96.36.19924. Today my computer froze and then the screen went blank. When I rebooted, I received a "windows serious error message". The Microsoft message advised me to check the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver. I need help from the community please.
01-26-2009 03:08 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 09:41 AM by OscarFuentes
Is the exact error from the MS KB article the exact error you see? A stop error can be one of a 1000 different problems.
Did you download and install SP3? There is a know issue that causes a stop error after SP3 is downloaded (which might be why things were slow).
Does the PC still open into Windows?
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)