11-14-2012 01:55 PM
HP Pavilion a6228x
The audio buttons on my keyboard are not working, specifically, the volume increase, decrease and mute buttons. When the buttons are activated, the volume bars are displayed on the monitor but further pressing of the buttons has no affect on audio and the bars do not change. The latest audio driver has been installed but still no change.
Any idea on how to correct this?
11-21-2012 03:02 AM
11-29-2012 07:36 AM
The keyboard drivers are what controls the keyboard functions so they are in sense the troubleshooting steps. If the display is showing then the keyboard believes it is changing some sound somewhere.
Check your sound settings and verify that they are correct and you may want to change the default to something else and then back again.
Do you have anything else that controls the volume on your PC (e.g. a remote) does it work?
And has the keyboard ever worked or did it just stop one day?
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)