01-30-2012 03:24 PM
When I turn my HP Pavilion p6710f on, and then the monitor, the monitor immediately shuts down. I have tried 3 different monitors along with turning on the monitor first and then the pc, but I have gotten the same result - the power light comes on blue and then immediately goes to yellow when the monitors are connected to this pc. Someone said it could be the motherboard, but I'm wondering if it is the video card (which I cannot find when looking inside the pc). Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
01-31-2012 04:25 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:14 PM by OscarFuentes
When the monitor immediately shuts down it only means that it gets no signal.
So is your pc doing anything?
Fans/disks spinning up?
Any bios beeps?
Have you tried to clean the (disconnected) pc?
01-31-2012 03:19 PM
Thank you for your response and questions. I have cleaned the cpu. I am using the VGA port on the back. When I turn on the cpu the fans come on, but there are no beeps or sounds of any kind. Would this be the motherboard?
02-01-2012 07:23 AM
Check all cables - disk, mobo.
Try to boot with only one memory module, test one after the other.
Of course it can be the mobo - but it can also be anything else.
The pc isn't old ....
Do you konw anybody who has a psu checker? A mobo test card?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)