Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProOne 400 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a weird issue and maybe I'm just overlooking something, but hopefully you guys can help. I have an HP ProOne 400 G1 21.5 inch All-in-one with a touchscreen. After installing a fesh copy of Windows 10 x64 Pro I am having issues with the touchscreen. When I touch it and move around it will display that I'm touching it, but when I click on anything like the start menu button for example, it registers that I touched the screen, but it won't register the click. If I try to open a shortcut on the desktop same thing. If I open Chrome however, I can scroll and click on links and button within Chrome just fine. HP doesn't have a touch driver on their site for this computer so I'm just using the native one Windows 10 installs. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When you installed the Windows 10 OS, did you install the drivers for the chipset ?

Microsoft Windows 10 supplies the driver for the touchscreen from its DriverStore folder.

HP does not provide one.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I did. I installed all available drivers from HP's website. I have multiples of this model and it has happend to two of them already. It worked when I had Windows 7 installed.

HP Recommended

How about the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver?

Same issue on both desktop PCs?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yup, I installed the interface driver on both PCs and it didn't change anything.

Yeah same issue on both computers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.