Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Royster86 wrote:

Do you have the same issue on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with both monitors?

Yes. In fact, both were on Windows 7 and I upgraded one to Windows 10 in the hope that it would solve the problem. Unfortunately it didn't.

HP Recommended
Exact same experience with me. If anything, Windows 10 made it worse.. either that or it just deteriorated.

I wonder if this is more to do with nVidia graphics drivers released around that time? Weird thing is that rolling back the drivers have no effect and I seem to have the issue with whatever drivers I install.. I wonder if the nVidia drivers have done some permanent damage to the monitor somehow...
HP Recommended

I'm actually using AMD cards on both machines, which would indicate that it is not nVidia specific. Moreover, safe mode appears to work fine for me, in case that hasn't already been mentioned.

HP Recommended

Good news everyone. Upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Build 10586 seems to have fixed the blank video problem. For the last few days I've not had to cycle the power or press Ctrl+Win+B to get the monitor to display video. So far so good. Please post your results if you've upgraded Win 10. Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Interesting...

Now I have a reason to upgrade! I'll do it tonight and let you know how it goes.

Interestingly this morning is the first time I turned it on and logged in that it hasn't done the standby thing.. and this is before I've done any update.

I'll do the update tonight and see how it goes...

Thanks for the update!

HP Recommended

Just an update - I still have the issue despite doing with windows update and the nVidia driver update from 10th Nov.

Whenever I go to device manager and scan for new devices, I still get the dreaded unplugged sound, followed by the screen going off..

HP Recommended

Updating to build 10586 made things worse for me.  Now Windows 10 refuses to detect my LP3065 and even using the magic CTRL-Win-B isn't doing anything.  

The monitor initially displays and I can even view my BIOS setting but as soon as Windows finishes loading, the screen goes dead.  I'm gonna re-install my Nvidia drivers and hope that fixes it, otherwise I may need to roll back Windows.

HP Recommended

Update, re-installing the Nvidia driver re-enabled my display.  I'm currently on Windows 10 build 10586.3 and using Nvidia driver 358.91.  I'll keep an eye out to see if the screen blanking issues persists.

HP Recommended

The update made things worse for me as well. Ctrl+Win+B stopped working so I now have to unplug and re-connect the screen by hand every single boot or restart. Re-installing the AMD drivers didn't make a difference. Mind you, that's times two.

This is really frustrating.

Update: I just started trying random variations of the shortcut and found that Ctrl+Shift+Win+B works ! 

HP Recommended

If this helps... I've upgraded three PCs to Windows 10 build 10586, two have the nVidia Geforce GTX 260 and one has a GTX 650, with good results on each. My upgrade notes:

1. I'm using the original dual-link DVI cable that was bundled with the LP3065 monitor.

2. I did not upgrade through Windows Update. Instead I used the official WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool to perform an in-place upgrade since I have multiple PCs. (click the button maked 'Download tool now')  Detailed info at: http://microsoft-news.com/how-to-manually-upgrade-to-windows-10/

3. I'm using the latest nVidia drivers (version 358.91 on the GTX 650, and version 341.92 on the GTX 260)

4. On one PC I had to move the cable from one DVI port to the other at the video card to get a picture, but it has been solid ever since.

Update: It's been a week now on Win 10 Build 10586 and the monitor has been working perfectly. Unfortunately, just last night I experienced the dreaded blank video problem again. Still, this is a huge improvement from before, where it was a daily curse. I love this monitor and it has plenty of life left, so I am determined to figure it out. Thanks to all for your imformative replies.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.