Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same here (knock on wood). A Windows 10 update from Microsoft must have helped.

(Running an ancient Geforce GTX 260 with latest drivers and Win10 64-bit.)

HP Recommended
Mine is still going strong. Not had a problem for weeks now.

Does anyone still have the issue? And if you do, is Windows 10 up to date on your machine?
HP Recommended

I have this problem.  I just replaced an AMD 5850 video card (which was working fine) with an Nvidia GTX 660 in a machine running Windows 10 64-bit both are/were using the same HP LP3065 monitor.  Once I put the 660 in, I started having the problem.  I'm using the latest available NVidia driver.

I will check to see what version of Win 10 I'm currently running . . .  it is 10586.318.

I'm currently chatting with Nvidia tech support to see if they have any ideas.  This seems to be related to Nvidia cards only from what I've researched so far.

HP Recommended

Have had it here on my Windows 10 system continuously.   Both with a Radeon (7850, various drivers), and now also with a Nvidia GTX 970 (latest driver).  It seems to be a little more annoying/likely on the Nvidia card but i'm seeing it on both.

I would love to see a real fix or something from HP ..  This is an older but still beautiful monitor, and HP's repsonse will determine whether my next monitor is HP or not.  

HP Recommended
Is Windows 10 up to date?

Mine is still working. I also changed to Radeon 6850s and from the little time I've played with it so far since putting them in, it's been OK, the same as my 9600gts... for now at least!
HP Recommended

Just triple checked - yes, the system is fully up to date except for a windows defender update which I just installed.  Under advanced options, the system is currently NOT running any preview builds though.

The pattern for us was:  Radeon 7850 - once at login screen, and once again about 5 minutes later.    With the Nvidia 970 it's occuring at login screen, usually quickly again after entering the desktop (complete login), and now occasionally randomly after that, whether running the desktop or in 3D games.

If it matters, the processor used does not have an onboard GPU (Xeon E3-1231v3 / Haswell based).  

HP Recommended

To all folks reading this forum and thread - TL;DR is there is a problem with Windows 10 and this monitor.  The problem occurs both on AMD Radeon and Nvidia Geforce cards.  I recommend selling this monitor and buying another type instead as there does not appear to be a fix on the horizon.   Some people see this more often than others.  The following resolutions do not fix the issue for me, and I suspect many others:

- New DL-DVI cables

- New graphics card

- Fresh install of Windows 10

- Using older monitor drivers

- Forcing detection via the Graphics cards software

- Making the monitor secondary (it won't see the monitor at all as secondary)

- Modifying  Windows power settings.

This is despite the fact these monitors are proven to work on other systems running other OSes.  The monitor also never disconnects when in the BIOS of any system experiencing a problem.  

I can't flag HP for not supporting it's products;  I had an HP laserjet 1100 from 1996 working up until a week ago with the latest OSes; and it could have been fixed but .. 20 years is time for a new printer :).  I just wish HP would do something about this monitor on Windows 10.  

HP Recommended
I was also seeing this on Windows 7, so it's not just Windows 10.

I've now not had a problem with it in months, (as have seemingly others on this thread). I've just moved, so I'm hoping when I set it up again it will continue working.. but I guess i'll have to wait and see..

It wasn't working with nVidia or Radeon cards, and now it seems to be working with both as well, running Windows 10.
HP Recommended

Thanks for this. I was about ready to trash everything and start fresh. 1 to 3 times a day the main monitor would go blank and switch to the second monitor.  Installing the 2006 driver did the trick. Now in the Nvidia control panel my main monitor shows up as Digital Display and the second as HP LP3065.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=lp3065

HP Recommended
I am having exactly the same problem and I found this: http://www.komeil.com/blog/fix-edid-monitor-no-signal-dvi it looks like it may fix that. anyway, the problem improved when I turned of and on the monitor
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.