12-28-2011 07:08 AM
Hi. I bought a HP TouchPad wireless keyboard to connect to my TouchSmart. Although it is designed for the TouchPad, it does work on PCs as you can see here in the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content-search/
The device has working batteries and is switched on, I know this because it connects to my iPad via bluetooth within seconds and works perfectly. My blueooth dongle is plugged into my TouchSmart and I know because my mouse works. When I go to control panel and add a device, no devices are discovered (not even the mouse). All drivers re also installed.
Does anybody know why my keyboard won't connect and why nothing shows up when I click add a device?
01-20-2012 11:49 AM - edited 01-20-2012 12:03 PM
Leonmcgann - I had the same problem. Solved..This is what worked for me. The Bluetooth Keyboard apparently will connect to only 1 device at a time..So, on your iPad, go to: settings / General / Blutooth / and turn off Blutooth. Go to your PC and add a bluetooth device as usual. Turn off the HP Blutooth Keyboard (switch on the battery compartment), and then back on. touch the "Power Button" in the upper Right Hand corner of the HP Bluetooth Keyboard and it should show up in the "Add a Device" window
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)