03-08-2013 03:43 AM
Original Display Port cable
Lenovo Tiny M92p, machine code 3224, Intel HD2000 graphics, latest BIOS v59
Debian Squeeze Linux 3.2.20, xf86-video-intel 2.15.0.
Keyboard and mouse connected to HP screen, HP screen connected to USB3 rear port on Lenovo Tiny.
Power button and menu button disabled.
Problem: on coming out of sleep, HP screen often (but not always) shows "Out of range" message. According to it, Horiz. freq. is 89kHz. V sync is correctly 60Hz. Turning the screen off and on via the switch brings up a normal picture.
Forcing the video mode, 1920x1200 @ 60.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 74.52 kHz in Xwindows does not help. We tried Windows7, same problems.
We have 50 such machines deployed in a 24/7 setup. This error is driving our support team crazy.
08-22-2013 02:01 PM
We also have this issue with one of our deployments, she occasionally has to turn it off and then back on, sometimes even the power button won't work, and unplugging the power cable will be the only way to clear the issue. We've tried swapping out the monitor with one of the same and it still happens.
I've tried several things, bios updates, video driver updates, and even installing the monitor driver.
Windows 7 64bit
The PC model is XZ794UT#ABA, if that helps any. It is the only one we have that has one of these monitors.
Any help would be appreciated or things to try.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)