Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can i upgrade the video card for my hp pavilion slimline s5000 model s5610f from ati radeon 3000?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Look here  or here at HP Partsurfer for video cards that are used in the newer Slimline models with a 220 watt power supply.  These cards were manufactured specially for HP Slimline PCs with 220 watt power supplies.

The HD 7450 wombat looks pretty good.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

It appears that these links provided are for HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5-1070T CTO DESKTOP PC (Product Number: LP019AV) and HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5-1200Z CTO DESKTOP PC (Product Number: A8A18AV) .

I have a HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5610F DESKTOP PC (Product Number: BM413AA), which doesn't even have a PC Board (Graphics) category when searched through HP Partsurfer.

The question becomes, those video cards associated with both the HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5-1070T CTO and HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5-1200Z CTO, are they compatible with the HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5610F?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

What do you do you think since your PC doesn't have a PCI-E x16 slot for a graphics card?  The answer obviously is that your PC can't use those video cards. You particular model did catch me by surprise even though I do check so many slimlines for this particular issue.  

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Okay, so there are no video cards that I can upgrade to for this model then, is that the answer?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen a post or two where someone attempt to get a PCI-E 1x card card working but the on board video is going to be nearly as good.

Frankly, I would forget about adding a video card to your particular model slimline.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry some of the other posters have been rude and unhelpful.

Here is an indepth explanation of what the issue is and what you would need to do to get a new video card better than what your computer has:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120115131945AA0bk4o

Here is a picture of the motherboard. It looks to me like it has one PCI-e slot. I don't know if it's currently being used by something else. You would have to look at the back of your computer and see.

http://s5.postimg.org/bx5dq6nvr/537558_001.jpg

The CPU is decent so it might be easiest to invest in a new case (mini tower) and power supply and get a nice video card. It sounds complicated and expensive but it's not at all. Cases are cheap; I've seen them as low as $16 at Newegg. Newegg also has a 300W power supply for $15. There are lots of easy instructions online for how to install a motherboard in the new tower. I've done it so almost anybody can do it. 🙂

HP Recommended

Why are you being such a **bleep**.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.