07-30-2011 05:43 PM
i purchased a touchsmart 300 1003 used from a friend and it has all main userin his name, and when i tried to change the computer name it was successful but the original user name itn the roots of the files still under my friends name
i've done a store display computer before but i forgot the steps
can anybody please show me how
thanks a lot
07-30-2011 05:55 PM
Make the Recovery discs and use those, or purchase them if you can no longer make them (they're under $30)
F11 at boot may or may not do it also depending on what was done to the machine previously
07-31-2011 07:04 AM
Great, but remember to make those Recovery discs, you will need them some day in the future and will be very happy to have them.
04-19-2013 11:30 PM
04-23-2013 10:02 AM
I see that you are trying to clean the information off of your HP computer. I have some information that may help with your issue.
Here is a link to steps for running a system recovery on the computer. This will set the computer back to the factory state and remove all user information.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10