Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 15-as100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

brand new and just out of the box, the screen is too dark even when brightness is adjusted to 100%

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you adjust the brightness on the keyboard using Fn function key and brightness key. 

Did you adjust the brightness in Windows, you can do this by clicking on the battery in the lower right-hand corner and clicking on the brightness setting.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes, i have tried brightness keys and power settings, The brightest level at 100% is what i would expect from a 60-70% level, at It's brightest setting the screen Is just too dark ! having just replaced my pavilion  g6, I am very dissapointed with the picture on this supposed upgrade.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi David, I have managed to Improve the brightness by going to control panel, search Intel and up comes Intel graphic control panel, click screen and then colour control gives ability to adjust brightness, contrast etc. the picture and brightness has been significantly Improved. Regards Chris. 

HP Recommended

Hi David, Thanks for the suggestion which I  have now tried , downloaded and Installed, however, there doesn't appear to be any Improvement to screen brightness. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Once I got into the settings, I found that my Night Light was turned on. The screen immediately retruned to 100% brightness once it was turned off.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and tried to go into the color settings, but i feel like it washes out the images if i turn up the brightness there. I just tried to download this and it's telling my my computer does not meet the minimum requirements to download it.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.