03-09-2012 06:05 AM
Hello, I am the only user and administrator on my computer. However I keep getting the error message "insufficient privileges to access this directory" when I'm trying to download some new software. I can't seem to figure out why I would not be able to download as the administrator. Any help ??
03-12-2012 02:54 PM
Not knowing what software you're trying to install, I have to give it a shot-in-the-dark, so to speak.
Here is a MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228658
Could it be QuickBooks? http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/artic
Or perhaps itunes? http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/artic
There are a few ideas. If you have a more specific question, someone might be able to help you further,
I work on behalf of HP.
03-12-2012 09:51 PM
Thank you for responding. I guess I should have gave a little more info. I have windows7 and I was trying to install docusign an electronic signature software. Any ideas??
05-06-2012 05:47 PM
The download is probably trying to get your admin ID and password. Never respond to a download that asks such a question.
HP ENVY 17T-u100, i7-7500U, NVIDIA 940MX, 16GB, 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Photosmart 6520, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)