12-16-2010 01:04 PM
I have an HP pavilion dv4 laptop hooked up to an HP w2207h widescreen monitor via an HDVI cable. The monitor tends to flash on and off. The screen goes black--sometimes for several seconds and then goes back on. There are no error messages. Some days the problem is worse than other days, but lately its been much worse. Some programs seem to cause more problems as well. For example, its quite bad with Firefox, especially when the program window is maximized.
12-16-2010 06:19 PM - edited 12-16-2010 06:59 PM
Check the monitor and HDMI cable on another PC if possible. This will eliminate the monitor or PC as the issue.
Try a monitor reset. Turn off the monitor and unplug it from the outlet. Hold down the monitor's power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and see what happens.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)