03-19-2012 02:23 AM
when i turned on my desktop (hp pavillion a6683w) runs normal but the monitor (hp w1907) goes to sleep and VGA/DVI no input signal. When i try to connect the monitor to my netbook it works fine and the VGA input goes to active. the only problem is when i connect the monitor cable to the computer then the monitor going to sleep. any help pls...
do you use your pc:
without any changes/additional cards?
You connect it with vga/vga?
Is any monitor working at the pc?
>when i turned on my desktop (hp pavillion a6683w) runs normal
How do you know that?
03-19-2012 05:14 AM
03-19-2012 08:09 AM
You could try to boot to safe mode, but if you see nothing, then you should ask a friend if you can test another monitor and cable.
A monitor going to sleep normally means that the monitor is working, but the signal to him is not ok.
So you have to test the signal from pc (with another monitor).
03-19-2012 09:50 AM
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)