10-15-2011 07:39 PM
no sound on touchsmart 600-1350 and computer is making a high pitch sound. we have tried the HP support assistant with no solution. please help!
10-17-2011 10:26 PM
Sounds to me like it is a hardware issue. If you ran the sound trouble shooter it could not fix it. Then take it to computer repair shop for service. Most likely your speakers went bad.
10-17-2011 10:45 PM
Teacher-thanks for the response. I have done the recovery disc and when I disable the audio bus controller the high pitch sound stops. So, I think I will have to turn in for service. Unless anyone else has any suggestions. Thanks.
12-17-2011 07:21 AM
I have the exact same issue on my TouchS-600. No sound and a high pitched noise. Can you tell me the details on your repair and it it was ever resolved. Thanks
01-03-2012 05:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. I ended up fixing it myself when I found out how much the repair would cost out of warranty. (over $600 for a new mother board)
I went to Best Buy and purchased a USB sound card for $25, plugged it into the back port along with some old PC speakers and a mic. Hid everything behind the monitor and now I get sound. It actually sounds better than the stock speakers.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10