02-02-2014 05:58 AM
This unit is about 2 years old. It has recently stopped booting. When pressing the start button it beeps once (abt 2 sec), fans start and power goes to the mouse. No disk activity to be seen, nor blinking of the start button led. No signal to the monitor. I have removed the cover and vacuumed as well as possible. Have also removed and replaced the disk/DVD power connectors. The same result, also with no peripherals attached.
Any advice on what to do with this is appreciated.
Solved! View Solution.
02-02-2014 06:47 PM
Using a vacuum cleaner is never advised within a computer because of (electrostatic discharge) from the hose.
You can use this guide as a generic power supply testing text. Be sure to follow the guide.
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Home 64 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB Discrete Graphics (8GB memory) 128GB SSD
Loaner: HP ENVY 8 5002 Tablet
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus P8Z87D, I7-4770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 500GB HD SSD, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)