Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how and where are the setting for decreasing CPU? I could not access them in the setup

HP Recommended

Here is a short article with instructions for overclocking your CPU.  I do understand the you want to slow it down just a bit, so these instructions should get you in to adjust the settings as you please.

Good luck

GeorgeFN

http://www.ehow.com/how_5095400_change-clock-speed-cpu.html

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/clock_speed.html

Here is s short article about clock speed in general.

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

am having the same problem with my hp touchsmart 310 pc, but don't get me wrong, I never had any problem or complaints with any of hp produce personally, and I am very shutting to be having this one now with my computer keep shutting down at different time in my face, I have been dealing with hp products seen the ventilation and they know everything that I have brought from them, printer, computers, etc. and never had a problem. but one thing you did said, is about the ventilation, hp should have put ventilation on all sides, but when I take a fan and give it more air, I don't have that problem of shutting down. so hp please get on the ball, and never just put ventilation holes, only only on the top, put it on both sides, and possibly on top and bottom, 

thank you

you can't help but love all hp products!

HP Recommended
Thanks for the post and now I'm on my way to pick up a little desk fan as I think that might very well solve my similar problem.
HP Recommended

I finally may have found a solution to this probem. My theory about the cause of this problem is that the psu is under-spec and a circuit breaker is tripped in it. My solution is to decrease the demand on the psu by changing out the hard drive for an ssd. I left it running over night, which is longer than it ever ran before. When installing the ssd i also upgraded the os from windows 8.1 to windows 10, but I don't think the os upgrade was the thing that fixed the probem.

HP Recommended

forget about this theory/solution. i replaced the back panels and the problem reoccurred.

HP Recommended
I appreciate you taking the time to post this if more people did just like u I'm sure alot more problems would get solved and I also appreciate the details u went into explaining it so that even myself with the limited knowledge I possess could fallow it and will be trying this. I have an touchsmart 310 1125y that just started doing the shut down thing for no reason I actually paid for remote virus removal witch cost 70 but it was not garenteed a promptly started doing it again after a day so money wasted and we're the type of family that can't afford to just spend $100 . That's a little under our entire monthly budget of 230 a month for the my wife daughter and me. If there's anything else you can add u can email me at burdinb2@gmail.com or just text 9784762223. I'm open to anything because my daughter uses this PC for her ABC mouse program and her tablet doesn't have enough space to run it and since this started a big part of her routine was taken away. I've restored it to factory condition 3 times now and everytime after the Microsoft service pack up date reinstall it starts
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.