06-21-2013 09:27 AM
The w17e monitor is not recognized by OS. I just converted to Windows7, but lost all previous settings from WindowsXP. I could not locate drivers for w17e on HP's site and Win7 just uses generic monitor so no detailed adjusment is available.
Does anyone know how to get Windows 7 to recognize the w17e monitor?
06-21-2013 09:54 AM
If you're running 32-bit, you can use the Vista (32-bit) driver.
If you're running 64-bit, there is no specific driver available, you'll have to use the Generic profile as you're already doing.
You should be aware, though, that all modern monitors communicate their available settings, such as resolution support, to the computer in an industry standard fashion, and there's not too much advantage one way or another to having a monitor that has a specific profile versus "generic" profile. You won't lose any sort of picture fidelity by using the generic profile.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10