05-08-2012 04:58 PM
My computer is an HP Touchsmart 25" with Windows 7 64 Bit. The speakers just stopped working.Tried going through the HP sound troubleshooting procedure with no success.
05-09-2012 08:36 AM
First thing to check is that your drivers for the sound card didn't go corrupt. Go into device manager under sound and make sure the driver says that is operating normally. you can also delete that driver and then completely shut down and then restart to let the system replace the driver. Last, right click on driver update and see if there is a newer driver and that usually will fix the problem.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10