08-13-2013 08:41 AM
i'm looking for a windows 8 driver for my hp 2009v monitor. it doesn't exist. windows 8 uses the generic pnp monitor driver as a result, which means i can't set the optimal resolution of 1600x900. what should i do?
09-10-2013 11:20 PM
Is this a new PC that you connected to your older monitor? Are you certain the PC video card can be set to that resolution?
10-19-2013 10:32 AM
Thanks for your response. I previously had Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit running on it and the monitor's resolution was optimal. Windows detected that it was HP 2009v and allowed the resolution of 1600x900. In windows 8 however, the system couldn't detect that. Therefore, it was using the Generic pnp monitor driver and not displaying in 1600x900.
To my knowledge, there is an issue with the drivers. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10