Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am looking for the drivers for this optical mouse and keyboard combo. For win8 64-bit

receiver assy: 585485-001

keyboard assy: 588544-371

mouse assy P/N: 588485-001

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers that are all different. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

There should be no drivers needed for the Wireless Desktop Mouse/Keyboard Combo. I have a TouchSmart 320-1120m with a Wireless Desktop Mouse/Keyboard Combo (HP p/n's 667111-001, 667112-001, and wireless receiver). I run this computer dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows 8 and neither OS required a driver as the receiver is a standard USB Composite Device.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Sorry, here is the make and model:  HP TouchSmart 310-1020

I plugged in the mouse receiver and press held the button on the back of the mouse and keyboard and still did not work.

HP Recommended

First, lets make sure all the hardware has been recogized by Windows 8 and is installed properly. From the Windows 8 "Metro style" desktop (the solid color with tiles), type "device manager"... click "Settings" in the right-hand column... click "Device Manager" on the left-hand side of the screen under "Settings". You will see a screen similar to the one shown below;

device manager.png

The screen shot above is just an example. Search the device list for the for any unknown adapters and right-click it then left click "Properties". Next left-click the "Details" tab, then under "Property" select "Hardware Ids". The lines of information that start "PCI\VEN..." are what we need.

If all adapters appear to be installed and without errors, please post a screen shot showing the expanded list of "keyboards", "mice and other pointing devices", and "USB controllers".

Also, make sure the mouse and keyboard have fresh batteries. Make sure the power switch on the mouse is turned on. Verify the mouse works by turning it over and seeing if the red LED is on and/or flashing. Report back with any information.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Replaced Batts, Light on bottom of optical mouse is bright red.

I aslo reinstalled the OS to Win7 64bit FYI

Here are the screen shots requested.

Device manager.jpg

Gen Tab unknown device props.jpg

unknown device props.jpg

Hope this helps

update unknown device.jpg

HP Recommended

USB/UNKNOWN is an indication that the receiver isn't functioning properly. My receiver has a "Hardware Ids" of USB\VID_0461&PID_4DD6&REV_0115.  Something is most definately wrong. Try it in another USB port and/or another computer and report back. Also try the advice given HERE, concerning the code 43 error.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

HP Recommended

Tried on another desktop computer

Dell Dimension C521

win7 32-bit

No change

I pulled out my external drive and code 43 error went away but still did not detect the mouse and keyboard.

The microsoft fix it did not detect any new devices.

No change.

The Wireless mouse and keyboard are 543 days old but should sitll work. May have to replace the trio.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.