09-20-2011 01:05 PM
IQ770 vista home premium 32 bit.
I have to reboot computer 3-4 times before wireless network will function. During the boots in which no wireless networks can be found, the diagnostics say that wireless hardware and/or driver cannot be found. I have downloaded the wireless driver and reinstalled it without resolution. Could the McAfee firewall or antivirus be interfering with the driver being loaded? I have run out of solutions to try.
09-21-2011 05:21 PM
It sounds like your wireless card may be failing, considering the age of the PC, that's not uncommon.
My suggestion is to purchase an external wireless dongle and use that instead.
I work for HP.
Support Forums are now on your mobile phone: http://m.hp.com/supportforum
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10