Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE-350t Core i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1) Purchased PC in 2010 from Costco

2) Running most current version of Windows 10 (64-bit)

3) I am confused with Wireless and Bluetooth... I have a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

4) I can find no reference to Bluetooth anywhere on this PC; including the Action Center

5) I have ordered a Samsung Bluetooth Level U Pro Headset

Q1... Do I need to install some Hardware Card - or - Software Application to use the Bluetooth Headset I ordered?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@drol343

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the Bluetooth is not showing in the Action Center,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you ever been able to use Bluetooth in your computer?

Did you opt for a wireless card with Bluetooth while you purchased the computer? (considering, this is a customizable PC)

Here's what options you had during purchase:

Networking

Must select one of the following options:

• No networking

• PCIe internal modem

• 802.11 b/g/n PCI express wireless half-length mini card

• 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI Express Wireless Half-Length Mini Card

• 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI Express Wireless Half-Length Mini Card + Bluetooth

If you didn't select the last one, you most likely don't have a Bluetooth in your PC,

That said,  You could Go to the Device Manager to See If There Is Bluetooth

The Device Manager will list all of the hardware in your computer, and if your computer has Bluetooth, it will show the Bluetooth hardware is installed and active. Here are how to access the Device Manager.

Step 1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap “Search”.

Step 2. Enter “Device Manager” in the search box, and tap or click “Device Manager”. You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 3. Expand the Bluetooth Radios category. You will see the Bluetooth hardware listed there. If there is a yellow exclamation icon other the hardware, you need to install the proper driver before the Bluetooth will work.

Step 4. If you don’t see the Bluetooth Radios category, find your Bluetooth adapter in the “Network adapters” category. It normally contains your network card that you use to connect to wireless or wired networks.

device manager

If you don’t have Bluetooth hardware installed on your computer, you can buy Bluetooth USB dongles from any online or local retailers for Just a few dollars.

Also, if you have difficulties connecting wireless keyboard & mouse to your PC: Click here for instructions.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@drol343

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the Bluetooth is not showing in the Action Center,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you ever been able to use Bluetooth in your computer?

Did you opt for a wireless card with Bluetooth while you purchased the computer? (considering, this is a customizable PC)

Here's what options you had during purchase:

Networking

Must select one of the following options:

• No networking

• PCIe internal modem

• 802.11 b/g/n PCI express wireless half-length mini card

• 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI Express Wireless Half-Length Mini Card

• 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI Express Wireless Half-Length Mini Card + Bluetooth

If you didn't select the last one, you most likely don't have a Bluetooth in your PC,

That said,  You could Go to the Device Manager to See If There Is Bluetooth

The Device Manager will list all of the hardware in your computer, and if your computer has Bluetooth, it will show the Bluetooth hardware is installed and active. Here are how to access the Device Manager.

Step 1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap “Search”.

Step 2. Enter “Device Manager” in the search box, and tap or click “Device Manager”. You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 3. Expand the Bluetooth Radios category. You will see the Bluetooth hardware listed there. If there is a yellow exclamation icon other the hardware, you need to install the proper driver before the Bluetooth will work.

Step 4. If you don’t see the Bluetooth Radios category, find your Bluetooth adapter in the “Network adapters” category. It normally contains your network card that you use to connect to wireless or wired networks.

device manager

If you don’t have Bluetooth hardware installed on your computer, you can buy Bluetooth USB dongles from any online or local retailers for Just a few dollars.

Also, if you have difficulties connecting wireless keyboard & mouse to your PC: Click here for instructions.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Bluetooth shows nowhere on my PC.

I bought a Insignia Bluetooth USB Adapter from Best Buy today.

Cost = $20.99

Hope it does the job.

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @drol343, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, please do try the USB Bluetooth adapter and let me know how it goes. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.