Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My son got a xbox 360 with a wireless conection to feed off the computer will it work with out wifi or does the computer have wifi?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Depends on the configuration you buy, Most models do not have it but can be retro-fitted with a Wireless pci card after purchase if you wish.

If you buy from HP website, you can add a wireless card for $30 USD.

Select your Model of slimline, then use the "customize and buy" button to see what all the upgrade options are.

HP Recommended

If you already have the Slimline, post the System Number, and I can see if it came with wifi, or how to add a wifi card.

HP Recommended

Serial#[Personal Information Removed]

Did mine come with wifi? Thanks!

HP Recommended

clm050209,

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers that are all different. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

If the computer model is a CTO aka configure-to-order model, please post the complete model name and/or product number as well as a complete itemization of the invoice.

Please send KUDOS

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

hi my wifi seems to off dissapeared, no adapter or drivers are showing anywhere in device manager it seems wifi just vanished do i need to replayce card?? please help    system num WE174AA

SERIEN NUM[Personal Information Removed] pleas help

HP Recommended

Hey darren73,

For you WiFi disappearing, and not showing in the Device Manager. I have included the document 'Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)'. This document will have the same steps for Vista as well. Please follow through the steps in order for the best result.

If the above document does not resolve the issue, please follow the steps for reinstalling the original driver from the HP Recovery Manager. I have included the document 'Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)'. Please scroll down to the option of Hardware Driver Reinstallation, and follow the steps for reinstalling the WiFi driver.

Please let me know if these steps have resolved the lost WiFi issue, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.